******Long post Alert ******
Let’s have a kickass start to the new year. But before, let’s conclude 2017 in a nice way. 2017. Like every year, it had something new, something interesting, some things funny and some things horrible. But wait, it’s just the first day of the new beginning, atleast calender, why talk about the bad or horrible things that already took their turn to make us sad and cry. Let’s forget those teary moments and re-live the happy moments that a whole of year served us.
Quite from the last few days, my mind has been filled with the things that i/we did this year. All the adventures, all the mini successes, all the short trips, all the cakes we had. 😂 Okay. That doesn’t count but what count anyways?
Count is what we want to count. How much we laughed. How many memories we made. What different cuisines we had. 🙊 yeah I accept I lovvvvve to eat.. And my happiest moment is knowing that I won’t go fat no matter how much I eat( touchwood everything 😁).
Let’s get back to the post and let’s conclude this fantastic one year with the 17 awesome things that happened to me this year that changed my life at least for a little bit.
- Celebrated our 1st marriage anniversary: 1st of everything is just so exciting for us. May be our genes are programmed that way. 1st birthday, 1st anniversary to anything. But for us, it was just a 1st marriage anniversary. What excite us more is our love anniversary that counts way more than 1 😀
- Got my first tattoo : What else I could get other than what I always wanna be- a flying bird.
- My first DSLR : On my 27th birthday this March, my not so lovey-dovey husband decided to gift me DSLR which I was longing for a long time without even telling him once. I just loved clicking landscapes with my phone and he got the point. It’s time to upgrade me 📷
- Photography : As I said I already had so much interest in clicking pictures with my phone, but dunno what charged me up with the cam in hand. It gives so much happiness. No I don’t call myself a photographer just because I own a DSLR. I actually love doing it whenever and wherever I get opportunity. I was quite doing okay with my kit lens till my hubby showed his love in a bigger way👇
- Tamron zoom lens : I got wings with loads of feathers and there was no stoppage. We moved to Goa in 2016 and since then I have been obsessed with birds. I see these beautiful flying creatures everywhere specially behind our home. It was really hard to capture any of them with kit lens of mobile cam. But not any more. I know it’s just can lend upto max 300mm but for a beginner like me, I don’t deserve more 🙈 who can’t give a fixed proper time to the thing she has on top list of her priorities. Please check out my birding encounters here if you haven’t already. And here
- Brother got engaged : My elder brother finally got engaged this year and completed my mom’s family. This couldn’t be any less than the happiest moment for my family. I love the new member of my family 😘
- Became my hubby’s official video editor and maker : He is passionate about his guitar and music. Although he can’t devote his full time to his first love but he does what he can and needs to be done. He started a YouTube channel on his guitar covers and originals -> https://www.youtube.com/user/crap1ifyAnd there I was, behind the camera, holding the tripod. We have uncounted memories made during the recording sessions. Indoor and outdoor. I love the sessions and post editing the videos. I have learned a lot so far.
- Started my blog : Frankly speaking I wanted to do something more with my life by exploring and expressing. I am an extreme extrovert and love to express myself. Again my hubby suggested me to start with WordPress and I can’t thank him enough. Riyasownspace.wordpress.com
- Poetess in making : I always had this keen interest in giving my feelings shape and size. And nothing can’t be better than poetry. My vocabulary is not strong yet but I write what I feel like. Check some of them here.
- Started Exploring Goa and surroundings which is to be continued :Hopping on to our scooty with camera on neck, we explored many places in and around Goa. Cabo de Rama fort, agonda beach, etc. in south goa. Chorla ghat in Goa- karnataka border. Amboli hills in maharashtra border and many nearby hidden spots like chorao Island etc. We love being here and exploring.
- 1st family trip : Earlier in 2016 diwali, my in law family came to visit us and we spent time in Goa. Hence this year we went to our home town to spend Diwali (click here for my post on Diwali) and made a trip to Haridwar-Hrishikesh-Mussorie. Trust me, family is where we belong.
- 1st time river – rafting : While in Hrishikesh, I along with my husband and sis-in-law went for a 18km long river rafting in the river Ganga to make some ever cherisable memories. It was so much fun. Let it be for some other time else my long post will be too long to even read.
- Started doing yoga : Just a beginner.
- Treated ourselves with our first ever pet. Our fish bowl. : They are 4 of them. Named them uggu, puggu, chuggu, tuggu.
- Getting along with crafts and creativity. : Always been a creative person, I never pushed myself this far. From creating personalized gifts to all kinds of of craft activities. I am interested where there is art and creativity. Please check my page if you are interested too – > From my craft’s corner
- Ankit’s YouTube channel got monetized and we celebrated completion of its one year journey. 👇https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWtZI0S6pas
- Celebrated Christmas like never before. :No its not about the party,dance,dress or alcohol. Its about my first ever Christmas tree.My very own. 😀 Made some decors myself and decorated the whole tree by myself. I never had a tree before so you might guess my excitement. All credit goes to my bunny bear.
Check out how to make these cute snowmen here -> https://riyasownspace.wordpress.com/2017/12/23/mini-snowman-diy-christmas-decor-from-my-crafts-corner/
Final good bye 👋 to this wonderful year.
Unlike others, who come to goa for partying in the new year’s eve, we are more of private person. How we spend the last weekend of the year? Got some cake, yeah a lot of them 😋. Roam around the roads to see the Christmas decorations in and around the city. Dine out with one of our friends. Went to bird sanctuary early in the morning. Watched a 3D comedy movie. Played some badminton. And screamed 3..2..1..Happy new year to my hubby 😂
Cheers to all the cheerful memories of 2017 and with warm hug and hope. Let’s welcome a brand new year of fun, success, love and creativity.
Until Next time